Medical Spanish in Seville - Spain
Online Catalog Provider
The school is located in the Historic Center of Sevilla. The campus is a modern Spanish language school in the center of Sevilla’s business district in a lively pedestrian area lined with shops and cafes.
The campus occupies a three-story, traditional Sevilla-style building that has been recently restored and furnished with modern facilities such as air-conditioning, library, multi-media room, and computers for free access to the Internet.
Sevilla has the most intense southern flavor of the European cities. A gateway to the American in the times past, the city’s port was once the main center of the overseas trading. Today, whilst still retaining its historical background, the city has become a large metropolitan area where the traditional co-exits with modernity.
The Medical Spanish course concentrates on developing your verbal skills for meeting with and speaking to patients.
There is also a strong focus on the specific Spanish medical terms, structures, and issues that are faced in the daily function of medical and health care in Spanish-speaking environments.
Medical Spanish terminology focuses on anatomy and symptoms, the names of diseases, diagnoses, tests, and treatments.
In your medical Spanish class you will learn to read medical Spanish literature and extract the relevant information and terminology.
The course is recommended for medical personnel or professionals who work or will work in areas with a Spanish-speaking population.
It's recommend that you have a Pre-Intermediate level of Spanish before joining the Medical Spanish course.
If you think your level is lower than those described above, please contact us and we will give you personal advice on how to raise your level up high enough for our Medical Spanish class.
If you are an absolute beginner, we recommend that you take a General Spanish course before taking any Medical Spanish.
Medical Spanish Course Highlights
- Minimum duration: 2 weeks.
- 30 classes/week: 20 classes of general Spanish + 10 classes of Medical Spanish
- Maximum 10 students.
- You can join this course any Monday. In case there is only one or two students per level in the Medical Spanish module, this may be substituted by five 60-min individual lessons per week.
Medical Spanish Course Summary
Interviewing a patient is the main focus for a medical professional working in a Spanish-speaking environment, as this will be the way they will collect their information.
It is common, though, for foreign doctors to use interpreters for patient interviews with speakers of Spanish.
In order to overcome these kinds of limitations, the Medical Spanish course is designed around the patient interview and a host of sub-tasks that form part of the routine work of a medical professional or doctor.
Areas of focus for Medical Spanish lessons include:
1. The family and social background of the patient.
2. The Spanish heath system: a description.
3. The medical history of the patient.
4. Anatomy: revising parts of the body.
5. Pain: vocabulary and asking questions about different types and places of pain.
6. Inflammations and infections.
7. The systems of the body: vocabulary and expressions necessary to describe and discuss the related organs, diseases and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment and instructions for carrying out a medical examination related to the following systems:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory
8. Toxicology: the most common toxics; symptoms; questions to be directed to the patient or a third party; preventative measures.