Medical Spanish in Lima - Peru
Online Catalog Provider
Lima, a city of history and culture, endless beaches, hills and mountains, nightlife, the possibility to see Cuzco, Machu Pichu and much more!
Although four hundred years have passed since its foundation, Lima, known as the “City of the Kings”, has managed to hold onto its traditions, fashion and religious celebrations from Pre-Inca and Inca times. Walking through the streets and squares of the historic center of Lima is like traveling to the past. Discover Lima’s Colonial Architecture, for which it was declared World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
In almost all of Lima’s neighborhoods, you can enjoy an exiting nightlife with many possibilities to go out: casinos, discos, bars, pubs, folkloric parties and restaurants where you can enjoy and dance to the local music.
Lima is located in the central coast of the country, bordering the Pacific Ocean, with 7 million inhabitants you can enjoy beautiful beaches, landscapes, parks, the central market, and the Chinese neighborhood, which are all places you must visit. You can also contemplate the architecture, enjoy the Pacific waves while surfing, savor the world famous Peruvian cooking and the warm people, so… ¡Ven a Lima!
Contact course provider for more information
Medical Spanish- Course Structure
• Program designed for health-care professionals and students working with Spanish-speaking populations.
• Combines the regular Spanish immersion program with medical-specific Spanish and cultural training.
• Start Dates: all year round. Beginner Spanish students should start on an official start date. Students with prior Spanish may begin any week.
• In addition to the special program, students are encouraged to participate in the school social activities.
• All levels – Max 6 student per class – 20hours per week
• Many students also choose supplemental private Spanish lessons, in addition to the standard group course, to focus on particular needs or on "Medical Spanish" (such as role-playing).
• Students can observe professionals interacting with patients in Spanish and observe the similarities and differences between these clinics and those in their home country
• Intermediate Spanish minimum
• Developed in either a hospital or health clinic
• 2 sessions per week, Min 1:30hs – Max 4hs
• Student must wear white lab coat and respect all the internal rules at institution
• Short hair or well kept and tied back
• No piercings
Because of the various prerequisites for clinical shadowing, this program is by application only.
Application is due at least 2 months prior to the program start date.
• Cover letter
• A transcript from highest or current level of medical education completed AND/OR a photocopy of medical license.
Contact course provider for more information
The school is located on the coast of Lima, in the prestigious Miraflores neighborhood, just a couple of blocks from the pacific shores the temperature is warm year round.
Miraflores is one of the most secure and modern neighborhoods in Lima, with a wide variety of restaurants, hotels, discos, parks, modern shopping centers, beaches and tourist places to visit. The perfect place for a Spanish Experience!
The Spanish language school is an endeavor to enable you to integrate with the Spanish speaking world. The language is taught to you the way it is to be spoken, read and loved!
Please observe school closure dates.
School will be closed on the dates below, these lessons will not be refunded or made up.
- Lima: 1 Jan, 10 Apr, 28 Jul.
Other holidays lessons will not be refunded. A conversation club will be organized instead.
- Lima: 9 Apr, 29 Jun, 29 Jul, 30 Aug, 8 Oct, 1 Nov, 8 Dec.
Study and travel while you are earning Academic credit!
University students may study at our schools and receive university credit. ECELA credit courses are certified by the national accredited university “Universidad Bolivariana” and the Brookhaven College in the USA. Courses are at ECELA and comply with the generally accepted standard of 15 contact hours (50 minutes/hour) of class time per credit hour.
* A representative, from course provider, will be contacting you with in 24-48 hrs of submission. If you do not hear from them by then, please re-submit your inquiry. It is possible that the errors can occur within transmitting the contact form.
*Spanish for Medical does not sell your information to third parties. The information provided will be forwarded to course provider chosen. Plus from time to time, we will send you program updates or new services via email.