Medical Spanish in Cusco - Peru
Online Catalog Provider
Cusco, with an elevation of 3,416 meters (1,1207 Feet), is located in the heart of the Andean Peruvian Land. As capital of the Inca Empire it offers many tourist attractions. The Plaza de Armas is at the city centre, there you will find La Catedral (Cathedral) and the San Francisco Church. You can also visit themTemple of the Sun Coricancha and the White Christ, a statue of Jesus storming above the city.
In the vicinity you can find such people as the Chincheros and visit the ruins of the Sacred Valley. The most important attraction is Machu Pichu, a cultural heritage of mankind. This Inca city can be reached by train and during this trip one can enjoy the beautiful landscape.
Medical Spanish- Course Structure
• Program designed for health-care professionals and students working with Spanish-speaking populations.
• Combines the regular Spanish immersion program with medical-specific Spanish and cultural training.
• Start Dates: all year round. Beginner Spanish students should start on an official start date. Students with prior Spanish may begin any week.
• In addition to the special program, students are encouraged to participate in the school social activities.
Spanish course + Healthcare vocabulary only (Note: No Clinical Shadowing in this location)
• All levels – Max 6 student per class – 20hours per week
• Many students also choose supplemental private Spanish lessons, in addition to the standard group course, to focus on particular needs or on "Medical Spanish" (such as role-playing).
Because of the various prerequisites for clinical shadowing, this program is by application only.
Application is due at least 2 months prior to the program start date.
• Cover letter
• A transcript from highest or current level of medical education completed AND/OR a photocopy of medical license.
Our school is located in downtown Cusco near the Plaza de Armas. In a short time you can reach all the monuments that the city offers. Near the school there are restaurants, bars, shopping and more.
The weather during day is pleasant throughout the year, but at night you have to wear warmer clothes.
Please observe school closure in Cusco
School will be closed on the dates below, these lessons will not be refunded or made up.
- Cusco 1 Jan, 10 Apr, 28 Jul.
Other holidays lessons will not be refunded. A conversation club will be organized instead.
- Cusco: 9 Apr, 24 Jun, 29 Jun, 29 Jul, 30 Aug, 8 Oct, 1 Nov, 8 Dec.
Study and travel while you are earning Academic credit!
University students may study at our schools and receive university credit. ECELA credit courses are certified by the national accredited university “Universidad Bolivariana” and the Brookhaven College in the USA. Courses are at ECELA and comply with the generally accepted standard of 15 contact hours (50 minutes/hour) of class time per credit hour.
* A representative, from course provider, will be contacting you with in 24-48 hrs of submission. If you do not hear from them by then, please re-submit your inquiry. It is possible that the errors can occur within transmitting the contact form.
*Spanish for Medical does not sell your information to third parties. The information provided will be forwarded to course provider chosen. Plus from time to time, we will send you program updates or new services via email.