Medical Spanish in Santiago - Chile
Online Catalog Provider
Santiago is the safest and the most prosperous city of South America! And that is not the only thing; it also offers the best living standard of the region. It is an important starting point for a lot of sports like rafting, hiking, mountaineering (climbing) and skiing. All those activities you can also practise in other parts of Chile.
The city is situated in the centre of Chile and consequently an attractive place, as you can easily go on trips and travel comfortably to the north and the south of the country. It has about 5 million habitants and offers with its theatres, numerous bars, salsa and dance clubs countless cultural andentertaining possibilities. Furthermore it is the best starting point for travels to the most attractive parts of the country, as for example the desert in the north or the Lake District with its beautiful forests and mountains.
Medical Spanish- Course Structure
• Program designed for health-care professionals and students working with Spanish-speaking populations.
• Combines the regular Spanish immersion program with medical-specific Spanish and cultural training.
• Start Dates: all year round. Beginner Spanish students should start on an official start date. Students with prior Spanish may begin any week.
• In addition to the special program, students are encouraged to participate in the school social activities.
• All levels – Max 6 student per class – 20hours per week
• Many students also choose supplemental private Spanish lessons, in addition to the standard group course, to focus on particular needs or on "Medical Spanish" (such as role-playing).
• Students can observe professionals interacting with patients in Spanish and observe the similarities and differences between these clinics and those in their home country
• Intermediate Spanish minimum
• Developed in either a hospital or health clinic
• 2 sessions per week, Min 1:30hs – Max 4hs
• Student must wear white lab coat and respect all the internal rules at institution
• Short hair or well kept and tied back
• No piercings
Because of the various prerequisites for clinical shadowing, this program is by application only.
Application is due at least 2 months prior to the program start date.
• Cover letter
• A transcript from highest or current level of medical education completed AND/OR a photocopy of medical license.
The school in Chile has a highly qualified and friendly staff. They offer you a service of international quality and a warm and social ambiance to make your stay unforgettable! The school is located in the Providencia neighbourhood, one of the best neighbourhoods of Santiago. It is the ideal location for your Spanish immersion: close by a lot of restaurants, bars, cafes, attractive parks, museums, cinemas and shops. It is a very nice place, which connects culture, outdoor activities and fun with big attraction. Providencia is an upper-middle class neighbourhood, safe at all hours and has many housing options available. The building is a big, traditional and very comfortable house with a big patio. We have 15 class rooms, community areas with free internet access, where our students can enjoy the breaks. Plus, it's well situated, only some minutes away from the subway station and the main bus lines and many housing options, and the staff can organise for you important sightseeing places of the city.
Study and travel while you are earning Academic credit!
University students may study at our schools and receive university credit. ECELA credit courses are certified by the national accredited university “Universidad Bolivariana” and the Brookhaven College in the USA. Courses are at ECELA and comply with the generally accepted standard of 15 contact hours (50 minutes/hour) of class time per credit hour.
* A representative, from course provider, will be contacting you with in 24-48 hrs of submission. If you do not hear from them by then, please re-submit your inquiry. It is possible that the errors can occur within transmitting the contact form.
*Spanish for Medical does not sell your information to third parties. The information provided will be forwarded to course provider chosen. Plus from time to time, we will send you program updates or new services via email.